Tuesday, February 11, 2014

TV Charlie's Angels, season 1, the pilot - 1976

Kathy and I were at Wal-Mart and they were selling TV seasons for $5.00. So we brought it home. It was a bit of a trip down memory lane.

The pilot is a little bit different than the follow on episodes. It is much longer, movie length. And there are two handlers, Scott and Bosley, Scott gets cut from the team after this.

The hilarious thing was Tommy Lee Jones as a guest star in the pilot, he seems so young.

I think the collection will prove to be a lot of fun. Tonight, I finished the first season. A couple notes. Two of the angels drive cobra mustangs, one is a cobra II, the other one I have never seen before. I tried to look it up on the Internet, but my GoogleFu is not sufficiently advanced apparently to get the scoop on the second cobra.

One thing that caught my attention is that none of the angels wore the same outfit twice. It was kind of funny seeing the clothes. The lady's outfits could pretty much be worn today and would not stand out, but some of the male outfits were outlandish.

No comments:

Post a Comment