Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Kindergarten Cop - 1990

I love this movie. I love the contrast between the opening where John Kimble is a rough and tumble street cop and the first day teaching kindergarten when he drops exhausted into the bed. Kathy and I could both relate. She was a teacher for 25 years. I would have a bad day at work and wanted to share what happened to me, but then Kathy would share things like, "We had a bomb scare and they sent the pregnant secretary back into the building to search for the bomb." Then, I got connected with the SANS Institute and authored and taught their Intrusion Detection Course. After the first day teaching, I caught up with Kathy in our hotel room. I said, "I never knew teaching could be so tiring" and she erupted into laughter.

There are some great lines in the movie, one from his partner Phobe, "Kimble, if you were any stiffer we could take you surfing", is one of my favorites.

I enjoyed the love interest play. The bad guys are good at being bad guys.

This is a movie I have at both houses. It is not my absolute favorite, but it is my favorite "Arnie", Say what you will but this guy can act.

Parents, there is some violence, a reference to drugs, no nudity. I would have let my kid watch this movie at pretty much any age, in my view is a good family choice.




No comments:

Post a Comment