Sunday, February 9, 2014

The sessions - 2012

OK, let's get this out of the way first. What is a self proclaimed Christian doing watching a movie with full frontal nudity? Well, I happen to be a polio survivor myself. This movie is deeply personal for me. No, I am not in an iron lounge, at least not yet, but I cannot know that my future is not similar as this.

Mark O'Brien, has a strong religious faith and puts his priest to the test. He wants to lose his virginity, I realize some evangelicals will vote one way, others, the other, but unless you have tasted the ravages of polio, perhaps it is best to be slow to come to an opinion.

The movie is beautifully done. There is nothing easy about the subject matter at hand. However, people will have extraordinary circumstances.

Sorry, we fell asleep, will try to update this latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment