Monday, February 24, 2014

Red Dog, (The most famous dog in Australia) - 2011

I have seen this movie before, I love this movie, don't think this is your standard animal movie; it is, but it is uniquely Australian. Some of the cinematography is fantastic.

Red Dog arrives at a rough and tumble mining town. There are so many themes woven in I can't tell them all, there is Red Dog, but much more. The primary characters from all over the world. They are on the side of the ocean in Australia, so of course there is the deadly shark named Lord Nelson. You can already guess, if you have a Red Dog, then there is also going to be a Red Cat. The Western music playing for the showdown with Red Dog and Red Cat was just too funny.

The scene where  meets up with Johnny is totally awesome. Soon after we meet Nancy, a pretty girl in a mining town that is almost all guys. She puts Red Dog in his place on the bus.

There is no point in me telling you any more about the movie, I recommend it highly.

Parents, not sure what to say. there is no nudity, I suppose there is some vulgar language, but I didn't pick up on it, there is some violence, but it is done carefully. My guess is this would be appropriate for kids that can understand loss of life. We don't see it happen, but it is an important part of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment