Sunday, February 23, 2014

Home Alone - 1990

I have seen this movie before, but it was over 20 years ago. We saw it in the $5.00 bin at Wal-Mart and thought why not, we host guests fairly often. I was shocked  at how badly Kevin, (Macaulay Culkin), was treated by his family, but it does set the plot up nicely.

I had forgotten some of the details of the set up, the power outage so they had to rush through the airport. Harry Lime, (Joe Pesci) coming by dressed as a police officer to case the property. And the kid across the street coming over and getting his head counted so they left thinking they had everyone.

The polka experience driving across the country was fun and I had forgotten John Candy was in the movie. And there were some touching moments, I remembered it as all slap stick. The home defense section of the movie is very creative, probably would not work, but certainly creative.

Touching ending, but that is all I will say about that. Glad we have it in the collection, but I probably will not watch it again unless we have a young person over.

Parents, you have probably seen the movie, there is no nudity, I do not recall any foul language, there is some violence, but it is what I call cartoon physics violence, reminds me of the Three Stooges.

No comments:

Post a Comment