Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Desperately Seeking Susan -1985

Great movie, great soundtrack. I own this movie in both houses and love to watch it. Hilarious opening and it just keeps going. Madonna shows a lot of depth. She is clearly more than just a singer.

My favorite lines, "At least he's not a PhD." and of course the all time classic, "Why can't you take a valium like a normal person". It is interesting, but Leslie Glass, (Laurie Metcalf), is not the strongest talent on the film, but she does get some of the best lines.

Gary Glass, (Mark Blum) does a great job at being an unlovable rascal.  I think this is my favorite Rosanna Arquette, (Roberta Glass, Gary's wife) role in any movie. I do not really an eye for fashion, that is Kathy's department, but they sure dress Roberta funny in the first half of the movie. Aldan Quinn, who ends up with Roberta also delivers an outstanding performance.

Bottom line, of course you have seen this movie, but I think it is a candidate for a second viewing.

Parents, this is not a good choice for young children, end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment