Friday, February 14, 2014

Leap of Faith - 1992

I have seen this movie before and I like it. It opens up as something between a charade and outright blasphemy. Jonas Nightengale, (Steve Martin), puts on a Vegas quality show in tiny towns across the country.

I don't usually like Steve Martin, but this is a role that he really shines in.

The tent set up scene, is truly awesome. There are amazingly high quality lines in the movie. Whoever, wrote this script was just plain on.

The interplay between Liam Neeson and Debra Winger is just gorgeous. We have this movie in both of our houses and watch them from time to time. The interplay between Steve Martin and

Parents, what do I say?  No violence or nudity caught my attention. The ending left me hopeful, but I am not sure how kids would process a flim flam man. In particular, Christian households should be prepared to discuss the movie after watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment