Sunday, February 23, 2014

Eat, Pray, Love - 2010

I don't think there is a movie that Julia Roberts has starred in that I did not like. We own this movie and have watched it several times. I like it better than Kathy. Don't fully understand the beginning, but I am intrigued by the idea of a woman, that knows she needs to find herself.

The idea she had was to travel for a year, Italy to taste food, India to find God, Bali to find Love. I think the script is excellent and Roberts performance is excellent.

There are some awesome lines, In Italy, Julia types to her former boyfriend, "Ruin is a gift, ruin is the road to transformation."

The movie is touching and you can see Julia's character healing and growing stronger with each transition. Almost all of us have loved and had it fail and you know how much it hurts. This is a great exploration of that topic.

I am thankful we have this disk and I will watch it again and encourage you to see it. There are lots of unique bits to absorb, consider or even reject.

Parents, there is no nudity or violence that I recall seeing. Christian parents, there is a line in the movie you want to be aware of, "God is in us and he is us".

No comments:

Post a Comment