Friday, February 21, 2014

Private Benjamin - 1980

We have this movie and have seen it before, but it has been a while and I had forgotten a lot. I find the storyline to be a bit contrived, but Goldie is quite funny.

There are some great lines, for instance when they are handing out the uniforms, Judy says, "Excuse me, is green the only color these come in?"

When Judy mentions the latrine needs cleaning, gets the really cool smile and you can tell what is going to happen next. Then Captain Doreen Lewis says, "Can I see your toothbrush?"

I had forgotten the fight over the blanket in the barracks. The scene where her parents find out she has joined the Army is awesome. This is a big turning point in the movie.

They really build up to an important ending. I am glad we have the movie and don't expect to see it many times, but I do think I will watch it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment