Thursday, August 6, 2015

Zardoz - Sean Connery

This is a John Boorman film. I think I need to bite the bullet and order the lot of them. You have to love the originality of the opening proposition, the penis is evil, it shoots seeds that poison the earth, go forth and kill. You have to give it creativity points.

And it is a young Sean Connery. That man aged very well producing intense films at every step of the way.

The overall theme of the movies seems to be what happens when a highly involved brute meets a highly involved civilization.

My favorite line in the movie, "You can't equate their feelings to ours; just entertainment."

Is it family friendly? Heck no. Body parts, small breasts only, (and they are well casted and pretty rare) and it starts and ends with guns. But let me tell you what I like about it for adults. I remember, when I was growing up in the 60s how magazines like Time and Newsweek would tell us we were going to live forever due to medical advances. Does this strike you as a good idea? Remember Genesis, the garden and the trees? These people tasted of a man-made tree of immortality and wanted an out.

This one stays in the collection. There are lessons I want to remind myself of from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment