Monday, August 24, 2015

Wag the Dog - Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro

This is one of my favorite movies and if you have not seen it, fix that. If you have not seen it in over five years, fix that. I love the plot and how close to reality it is.

The screen play and acting between Hoffman and De Niro, (this is my favorite De Niro role), is over the top. Anne Heche and Willie Nelson add a lot.

My favorite quote and there are many great ones:  Two things I know to be true. There is no difference between good flan and bad flan, and there is no war.

Is it family friendly? While I did not notice any nudity and the violence is Disney style, these are fairly adult themes. On the other hand if you have an older child, (and future voter), this could be an opportunity to discuss the media manipulation of politics and vice versa, after all if you look at the current slate of would be next presidents, the movie does not seem so far from the truth.

Will I watch it again? Seriously, every couple months, I get a fix. It helps satiate the innate marketer in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment