Monday, August 10, 2015

The Wild Bunch - 1963


Kathy was working on some project in the other room, so it was guys night at the movies. I have a little corner of our movie shelves for just such an opportunity. TWB is in the top ten Westerns ever created.  It is in incredible condition. You can read about how and why, that is a story unto itself.

OK, let's cut to the chase. It is a Western, a lot of people get shot. It is a big budget Western, a whole lot of people get shot. Is it family friendly? Give me a break, it is not. No way, there is the whole, blood, guts and the beer thing throughout the entire movie.

You also have to give a grudging admiration for the died with their boots on Wild Bunch. I realize this could be sexist, but I think it plays better, in general, for guys on a guys night out. That said, I know more than a few ladies that can handle a gun with the best of the guys.

Will I watch it again? Are you kidding, did I mention I have a little corner of our movie shelves for just such an opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment