Sunday, August 9, 2015

Just one of the guys

This is your classic teenage angst film with a difference. Joyce Heiser, (Terry in the movie), believes she has not been treated fairly in a contest because of her gender. She switches schools and enters the scene as a guy, coached in "guyisms" by her little brother. Terry has a boy friend and this puts a strain on their relationship, eventually terminating it. They handle the various uncomfortable scenes quite well. I think they do a particular job of handling the rejection that every teen faces.

There is one scene where Terry flashes her breasts to prove she is a girl. I wish they had skipped that or I could give it my family friendly mark. I was going to give a bye to the Playboy centerfolds hanging in Terry's brothers room. If those things pass your  parental smell test, I think this could be a good movie for a teen to see. There is some violence,  (a Disney fist fight if you get my drift), but no blood and some creative violence avoiding.

Will I watch it again? I don't know. I am not going to put it in the trade in pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment