Friday, January 3, 2014

Minority Report - 2002

The is not a review or a plot description, this is a record of how the movie made me feel.

In the opening scene, they are working in their very high tech office. I gotta get me a workstation like that! I also love their removable media!

They are working furiously to locate a man about to commit murder. Finally they mobilize in high tech flying machines, the movie does a great job of building suspense. I have seen this movie once before, but still felt the intensity.

After the first four scenes, Captain John Anderton (Tom Cruise). is still a mystery to me. Do I like him? I think I like him more than the opposite, but there are so many mysteries.

The interaction between Anderton and the precog had plenty of startle factor.

Now we learn the system is not perfect. I had been thinking the FBI guy, ( that I thought was a jerk), when he questioned the integrity of the system,turned out to be right. The system, in terms of computers and network, may be perfect or nearly so. But as the FBI agent said, its the people, the flaws in just about everything. The stunt with the cars was pretty intense, but I was pretty sure he would not fall to his death, they need to chase him for a while I suspect.

The intense stunts, action, and Aderton's ability to improvise against overwhelming odds remind me of Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible.

The deadly plants scene is the last one to reflect on, I never get comfortable with moving plants that can poison or cut. And in the greenhouse, he learns about his one chance not to get put-away with pre murder.

I doubt I will watch this as often as Mama Mia, or Overboard, but I glad this is in my library and expect to see it again some time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment