Sunday, January 19, 2014

Ghostbusters - 1984

This blog post is not a review or a plot description, this is a record of how the movie made me feel.

I have seen this movie many times before, and was in the mood for a laugh, so I stuck it in the player. 
I forwarded it to the scene where Dana Barrett, (Sigourney Weaver), comes to the firehouse to talk about her kitchen. The earlier scenes do a fine job of casting Peter Venkman, (Bill Murray), as a creep, and there are some funny scenes, but for me the rest of the movie is funnier than the beginning.

I picked up a bit more about the interplay between Dana and Peter this time. But really enjoyed the scene where Dana is overtaken by Zuul.

This time I noticed some of the special effects are a bit dated, doesn't lessen my enjoyment, but it shows how much they have progressed over the years. 

For me, it is still a hoot after probably 15 different viewings. I am glad it is in the library and I am certain, that I would enjoy seeing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment