Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

The is not a review or a plot description, this is a record of how the movie made me feel.

I have seen this movie before and love it. How do you describe the genre of the movie, I would have to say comedy instead of spy movie, because it makes me laugh in almost every scene.

Knowing they are married in real life makes it all the more enjoyable. I love the drop the bottle scene very memorable, though how could such a sophisticated couple have white shag carpet in their dining room?

The elevator escape is also pretty, especially when Mrs Smith sheds a tear after pushing the switch to blow the elevator Mr. Smith was standing in. And that is what really adds some depth to this movie, when I see something that is all comedy like the Hangover and it does not really work well for me a

I find during the movie I empathize with the couple. The timing of Lay Lady Lay, was sublime. I really desire a happy ending and if I forget how it ends some day I will need to watch it again *grin*.

No comments:

Post a Comment