Saturday, December 21, 2013

Joyful Noise 2012

Most people appreciate good gospel music and this film rocks; it is state of the art for gospel. Amazing cast, it is easy to key on: Queen Latifah, Dolly Parton, but though I had never heard of Keke Palmer, or Courtney B. Vance, they gave the headliners a run for their respective solos.

How did the movie make me feel? Loved the performances and the love thread. Felt the constant arguing between Queen Latifah and Dolly Parton went on and on. It would have been better to have a different thread and keep the arguing to 1/5 of what they did. Grumpy Old Men pulled it off, but the chemistry just was not there.

Also felt the scenes with the pastor were a bit shallow.

I am glad I have it, but I think I will have my remote by my side and speed up some of the argument sessions.


No comments:

Post a Comment