Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Bucket List - Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson

Kathy and I watched this movie last night. I turned to the Internet to try to find out what the relationship between Edward, (Jack Nicholson) and Thomas/Matthew, (Sean Hayes) was and learned for the first time, it was reviewed poorly.

Quick reminder, this is not a movie review blog, it is an impressions blog. I have no idea how to critically review a movie. My brother liked it, I liked it. The opening, in McCreath body shop and the close on the mountain, "Because it was against the law" are memorable and open and shut the movie nicely.

My favorite adventure was the car race. To intentionally ram a Shelby, that most be freeing.

I didn't like/get the Carter marriage stranger becomes a husband stuff. I suppose it was important, but I do not know why. I also could not follow the prostitute that Edward hired to seduce Carter conversation, the volume was too low compared to the rest of the movie and we have a decent home theater, but found I did not care enough to rewind and play again.

Overall, it is a good movie, it rates a place on my shelves. When we buy new movies, we chuck older non-performing ones and this one will probably be here for a long while.

No comments:

Post a Comment